Microdermabrasion, a progressive restoration process for the skin is a gentle resurfacing technique that may treat a wide range of skin imperfections.* It regenerates the epidermal cell structure increasing the skin’s elasticity and collagen, resulting in a more youthful appearance to the skin.* We use the Diamondtome microdermabrasion device, which uses both highly controlled vacuum pressure and a wand with micronized diamond particles on the tip. The tips vary from fine to extra-coarse and the diamond particles on the wand tip are vacuumed across the skin to remove the dead and damaged skin cells and stimulate the collagen beneath the surface of the skin.* This allows the younger, softer skin to move to the surface, thus improving the texture of the skin.*
What we offer: Medical Grade Microdermabrasion
- It is a physical peel and is considered a progressive, restoration process that may treat a wide variety of skin imperfections and skin types*
- The results are a more youthful and vibrant appearance of the skin by regenerating the epidermal cell structure, increasing the skin’s elasticity and improving texture*
- Treatments usually take about 30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated
- There is no down time and you may return to work immediately after the treatment
How does it work?
- Micronized diamond tips combined with highly controlled vacuum pressure remove dead and damaged skin cells, stimulating collagen and improving the texture of the skin*
- With each progressive treatment, there is an increased number of passes made to the skin, and the coarseness of the tip may increase or the vacuum pressure may increase*
Who is a good candidate for microdermabrasion?
- Any individual who wants to improve the appearance of their skin
What are the results of the treatment?
- Skin is softer and may appear more youthful*
- Skin texture and color can improve*
- Fine lines may be diminished*
- Freckles, age spots and fine lines are minimized*
- Acne scars may be softened*
Is the treatment painful?
- No, the treatment is virtually painless
How often can I get treatments?
- Best results are achieved from a series of 6-9 treatments scheduled every 2 weeks*
- After the series, maintenance treatments may be scheduled every 30 to 60 days
- The process is so gentle that you may have as many treatments as you need without worrying about side effects
What areas can I treat?
- Face, neck, chest, arms, half back and hands*
Please call our Sacramento office 916.454-5922 or contact us to schedule an appointment for a Microdermabrasion.